WH (Heer/Waffen-SS) 'Krim' Campaign Shield. The 'Krimschild' was awarded to German soldiers under the command of 'Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein' who fought and served in the Crimea area in between September 1941 and July 1942. The 'Krim' Shield was instituted on 25 July 1942. This shield is complete with its metal back-plate and 4 prongs and is mounted on a piece of field-grey wool, it's still having its original protective green coloured paper backing attached. The non-magnetic zinc-type shield does show great detail, it is not visible maker marked but can very likely be attributed to production by the company of 'Wilhelm Deumer' from Lüdenscheid. The shield is in clearly used and tunic removed condition. Nice original shield in very good condition!