Luftwaffe Pilots Badge (Flugzeugführerabzeichen). The Pilot's badge was originally introduced in january 1935 as an DLV (Deutsche Luftsport Verband) award, the Luftwaffe officially adopted the award on 26 march 1936 by order of 'Hermann Göring'. The badge was awarded to Luftwaffe personnel who completed the theory and training and achieved their military pilot’s licence. This badge is a nice early war example made of tombak (Buntmetall), this is a so-called J2 type. The badge is nicely maker marked by the company of 'C.E. Juncker' in Berlin SW. The badge shows very nice & pronounced detail overall having a nice darkened age patina. The badge has naturally a functional pin & catch construction. Desirable original pilot's badge!